An article

juliamav
Administrator
This post was updated on .
What's going on boys and girls???Where are your articles I merely ordered you to write within two weeks???The deadline has passed and only Juliet did her homework.Don't make me nag in class or on-line

Re: An article

Juliet S.
                                                                                      Serres:A Hidden Treasure

Have you ever been to a lake which hosts some of the rarest species worldwide? Have you ever visited a big cave? Well, Serres may at first sounds as an inappropriate place to find these, but in fact, you can visit many recognisable places.

To begin with, the Kerkini lake is an artificial lake in Serres and can be a really good destination for those who want to combine nature and fun. The lake hosts some of the rarest species and many endangered ones which are under protection. Being there transists a feeling of happiness to both visitors and animals. Many visitors are impressed about the way people treat animals there. Personally, I believe that it's the best place to visit in order to chill out.

What is more, the Alistrati's cave is a place that you should not miss. It's in a town which is a few kilometres apart from serres. It contains many natural creations which are breathtaking and every second is full of interest about what;s next. I've been there several times and the feeling is the same: thankfulness for what nature creates.

Of course, there are many other places to visit. For instance, you can visit the archaeological site of Ampholis and see what out ancestors created. If you want to meet the life of Serres, you can visit the valley, where people go to exercise or even go for a walk. Last but anything but least, you can go for swimming and sunbathing to the Kariani's beach.

All in all, the area of Serres is a place where you can find many beautiful spots. One thing is for sure, those who love nature and ancient remainings won't be dissapointed

feedback

juliamav
Administrator
Juliet,you did it again!!!A perfectly rounded up article.It included everything...vocabulary,grammar,structure but most of all,a catchy title and introduction!For further consideration,I sent you an e-mail to make a few alterations.

Re: An article

pe98
The beautiful islands of Hawaii

The islands of Hawaii have the way to take your mind and make you forget the problems
you have and thats one reason i choose to go there.

I discovered the six islands of Aloxa and it wasn't easy for me to choose which island to visit first. Then i learn the culture of the islands. The things i do are learn surfing, the art of hula and of course shopping and the cuisine.

The regional cuisine have ethnic flavors with the cuisine of the world, they use fruits and vegetable grown from volcanic soil and fish. These are the ingredients that go into the famously delicious creative dishes served in the finest Hawaii islands restaurants.
It was my most amazing experients and i want to go there again sometime and enjoy it like last year.

Re: An article

Aris.Charmandaris
                                                                                                          EDESSA

      No one can deny that the city of Edessa is one of the prettiest cities in Macedonia and the world. The population of the city of Edessa is 18.253 and the town there is at least 3.000 years. Also i want to indicate that the occasion to write about this landscape was my little niece who offered this trip to me as a gift to that destination.

     The waterfalls of Edessa is the symbol of the city and unique sigh in Greece and Europe. Anyone can safely admire the big waterfall "Karan" with water falling from a height of 70 metres and the double waterfall , as well as the cave under the rock. Also there are coloured gardens with a large variety of flowers , great smells and the lovely rellaxing feel of the fresh air.

   What impressed me in this journey , was firstly the hospitality of the local people and their wiligness to offer you immediately what ever you need.Moreover the traditional buildings, clean air and the wonderful scents of the homes of the residents made me turn some years back when the years were more carefree and the was not so  much anxiety in the people.

    To sum up is a very beatiful city that everyone should visit.

Re: An article

George_Feel
                                                                                          Niceland: a brilliant place to be!!
Have you ever been in an exotic place?Have you ever experienced a day in  wildlife?Niceland is one of the most beautiful and unique places in the entire world, that you have the opportunity to live in the jungle, with wild animals and  most importantly with safety!

To begin with, Niceland is in nothern Brazil. The scenery here in Niceland is fantastic.Many trees, different kind of species, a lot of green, variety of flowers-plants with various colours and of course the Amazon with it's impetuous waters make this place extremely appealing for tourists from every corner of the earth.The view is breathtaking, the sky is bright blue and combined with the shining sun is so beautiful.

In addition to, for those who love adventure and sports, there are many options in order to satisfy yourself.Here you can relax, become fit and get a new lease of life.For example, you have the opportunity to do canoe, rafting, you can swim across the Amazon even scuba-diving.Furthermore, the cuisine here in Niceland is absolutely excellent.Traditional dishes are available in a luxurious restaurant which has as  a target to promote the dishes of our area in a very successful way.Different kinds of music are played by their orchestra and also songs of your choice, so as to make you feel comfort and enjoy your vacation.

So, if you are looking for a place to spend your vacation creatively and if you want to have unforgettable experiences, then you should visit Niceland.You will never regret it!!

Re: An article

Dimi
                                                                                         "Get lost in Hawai"
 It is such a pleasure to live in a wonderful area like Hawai.The natural beauty is unique and the atmosphere is magestic.There are so many places to see as well as things to try which will be definitely some of your most memorable experiences.

 In other words,here in Hawai there are popular places which are famous for their beautiful scenery and the breathtaking view.Places like this attract thousands visitors annually and that's why local peiople are proud of.One of the most visited area is Bondi Beach.It is not a usual place ,it's cristal water and the sea breeze combined with the heavenly scenery of mountains across the beach,makes it very special.Of course it couldn't be missing the human intervention with all the luxury hotels which are fylfilling every desire of each visitor.

When i visit thiw place i overcome with the filling of excitement and peacefulness.It is the perfect emotional combination and that's the reason i've been a regular visitor.

 All in all,the island of Hawai must be included in your future destinations for an unforgetable experience.

Article

Dean W.
Mystic Falls: The ultimate natural wonder

Have you ever been speechles in the sight of the beauty surrounding you? There are places which words are not enought to disescribe.  If you want to visit such a place, that is worth travelling to and where you can escape the routine of city life, Mystic Falls is the place for you.

Last summer, I spent my vacation in Mystic Falls. As I enjoy nature,I went camping up on the mountain of Mystic Falls, called "Beacon Hill". The natural beauty of the flora aspires you to sit back and enjoy the scenery and the rejuvataning fresh air you breath. Furthermore, you have the opportunity to gaze the whole city, plus the spectacular view of the valley is unique.

In addition, one of the major attractions in the region is the Valley of Mystic Falls. It is a wonderful place for those of you who are fond of wandering around the flora.Take a walk through the woods that lead to the hot springs and ,you have my word, this is going to be the most exciting experience of a lifetime!

Alongside,Mystic Falls Valley is , in my point of view, the great place for those who enjoy extreme sports. At firtst, you can go rafting down the Valley. And keep in mind that you can also climb up the mountain.Both are worth trying!!!!

Mystic Falls is a place that seemed to me to be the best place for almost everything!!! The sights, the environment, the beauty..Everything can catch your eye and trust me, you are goining to want to visit again!!!

Re: An article

vWednesday
Zagori: Nature and Tradition in a magic combination.

Are you a nature locer? Do you seek adnventure? Do traditions play an important role in your life? If so, a visit to Zagori, is what you need, for it combines all the above and much more.

Two years ago, I had the chance to visit Zagori with my family and on the first day we visited Monodendri , a picturesque village, perched on the edge of the mountain. There we followed a stone path which startes just where the village ended and lead to tge Monastery of Saint Paraskevi -a place visited by thousands of tourists every year. It's popularity mainly stems from the fact, that it's built on the rim of the Viko's Canyon. As you can probably imagine, it offers an amazing panoramic view of the canyon - the river and the endless grin surounding it. Standing there you will definately feel breathtaken and amazed by all the magic this place hides.

The Canyon is not the only atraction however, as the village is filled witg souvenir shops, selling various things, from card postals to antiques representing the local culture and tradition. I don't about you, but I had a really great time browsing around the antique shops and learning more about the history of the place.

Another village that we visited and that you should not miss, if you want to try the local cuisine is Kapesovo.This village has very few inhabitants, but can still offer awesome and tasty food.On our last day there, as I we were drinking hot chocolate -after our visit to a small tavern -, I heard my parents complaing about how the did not want to leave that place. Thruth is, did not want to, either, and needless to say I really missed when we left.

So, If you're looking for a place that combines, natural beauty and tradition, a visti to Zagori is a must. Just make sure you have enough time to visit as many villages as you can.

Re: An article

juliamav
Administrator
This post was updated on .
pe98: I enjoyed your simple but correct article about Hawaii but you didn't follow 100% the guideline of the book.I sent you an e-mail with only a few suggestions.
Aris.Charmandaris:Although you chose a very predictable and indifferent title ,you managed to write a nice article .Sent you an e-mail to correct expressional mistakes.
George_Feel:What an exquisit piece of writing!You always choose to write vividly with  a variety in your vocabulary but ,nevertheless,I sent you an e-mail,too!
Dimi:How marvellous!I was taken in by the misleading title that I would "get lost" in your article...Well done!(Sent you an e-mail)
Dean W.and Arxo:You have to register and make an e-mail account so that I can send you stuff!
vWednesday: It is so perfect,V,that I dare to say that it seems as if it was written by  a professional !

Re: feedback

Juliet S.
  Serres:A Hidden Treasure

Have you ever been to a lake which hosts some of the rarest species worldwide? Have you ever visited a big cave? Well, Serres may at first sound as an indifferent place , but in fact, you can visit many wonderous places.

To begin with, Kerkini lake is an artificial lake in Serres and can be a really good destination for those who want to combine nature and fun. The lake hosts some of the rarest species and many endangered ones which are under protection. Being there transists a feeling of happiness to both visitors and animals. Many visitors are impressed about the way people treat animals there. Personally, I believe that it's the best place to visit in order to chill out.

What is more, the Alistrati's cave is a place that you should not miss. It's in a town which is a few kilometres away from serres. It contains many natural creations which are breathtaking and every second is full of interest about what;s next. I've been there several times and the feeling is the same: thankfulness for what nature creates.

Of course, there are many other places to visit. For instance, you can visit the archaeological site of Ampholis and see what out ancestors created. If you want to take a glimpse of the city, you can visit the valley, where people go to exercise or even go for a walk. Last but anything but least, you can go for swimming and sunbathing to the Kariani's beach.

All in all, the area of Serres is a place where you can find many beautiful spots. One thing is for sure, those who love nature and ancient remainings won't be dissapointed

The Mountain Menikion

Arxo
This post was updated on .
                       The Mountain Menikion

Have you ever been to a mountain with many animals ?Have you ever visited big mountain chains?Ii you don't, you must visit the Mountain Menikion at Serres, Greece.It is one of the most impressive mountains in Greece because the variety of animals and plants.

There are so many things you can do at this mountain.At first,you can go for horse riding and discover the beautuful scenery at the nature.You can stay there at night,because there are many houses and eat the topical food which includes pork and sausages at fire.Also you can go for climbing at the three tops of the mountain,which will take you about 4 hours.But if you be afraid of all these, you can go to find some chestnutsto eat and see some plants.

My feelings about this place is so many.I was visiting this place since i was small child, but every time I go at this mountain I have such a wonderful time.There, I have the best memories and I feel one strange love for this place,which I will never forget.

In conclusion, the Mountain Menikion is a place should everyone go one time in his life.This is one of the most beautiful places in my area and one of the most impressive.       e-mail: arxo9090@hotmail.com

Re: An article

IronMan(N.K)
                                                                           Serres a magical destination
Have you ever been to a place that combines adventure and relaxation at the same time? If you dont Serres is the perfect destination for you.
     For those who like speed   the racing track of Serres is the best place to start.The track Hosts annually many nationall and international races that everyone can watch.But the most fascinating of all is that you can run with your own car there.
     Furthermore for the lovers of ancient greek civilization there is the museum of Amphipolis witch contains many unique exhibits from the ancient town.
      Last but not least is the river of Strymonas.There are many activities that people can do.You can go rafting and bicycling on its coasts
      So if you are looking for a place that combines all theese the serres is the ideal place to visit.

Re: An article

Paris Brountzios
This post was updated on .
                                                                                                         Greek beauty

Have you ever been to an exotic place like Greece?Can you imagine yourself  falling in love with an island's stunning surrounding just by lying on a sunbed ?I think I have the best choice for you.

Of course, I've always thought England had the best views in the world. Then I went to Greece and my opinion changed because everywhere you turn in this spectacular country you are bound to be surrounded by incredible ancient sights,phenomenal narrow winding alleys which are full  of flowers , glistening waters that beckon even the greek people to visit it.

I was impressed , when I was in Halkidiki where the endless blue horizon was interrupted by just one thing ... Mount Olympus. The highest peak in Greece  the home of a  dozen ancient gods,  is visible from almost everywhere in Halkidiki.That's why the islands are not the only attraction in Greece.However, there are many great mountains that make Greece a tourist attraction for the whole year.

So, if you are looking for a place that combines beauty and relaxation I suggest you to visit Greece!

Note:And do not forget to eat souvlaki.

Re: The Mountain Menikion

juliamav
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Arxo:A well-structured article but a rather ordinary word choice.Try to write more eloquently.Sent you an e-mail!
Iron Man:There are tragical spelling mistakes in your article which otherwise is perfect!I still can't send you an e-mail,Nick!
DeanW.:Who are you and why haven't you registered yet?
Paris:I was really  impressed by your vocabulary( even though you forgot the title!!!) !Thumbs up!E-mail sent

Thassos

Kostas Koutkos
Green" is usually the first adjective you'll hear if you ask anyone that has been to Thassos what it is like. Not many islands in Greece are this lush.

With its rich history and archaeological remains, wonderful beaches, variety of things to do and friendly people, Thassos has become one of those islands holidaymakers return to year after year. Because it is also a very popular island amongst the Greeks, the standard of food and service is high, and you get a good mixture of the modern and the traditional.

Many of the locals are farmers and fishermen, but since oil has been found in the sea, many hope to get involved with that. Tourism is also an important income for the people of Thassos.

Thassos History :According to mythology Thassos was the son of the Phoenecian king Agenor or the god Poseidon , and one of the first settlers of the island, which also was called Chryse ("Gold") in ancient times. Thassos was also the brother of Europa , and the reason for his travelling was that he was searching for his lost sister. Another story has it that the oracle in Delphi had told the Parian people to settle on "an island of mists", and since Thassos fit in on this description, they became the first inhabitants.

Except for its beautiful nature, Thassos also has several sights. The capital Limenas is built where the ancient city stood, and there are many ruins to admire. There is also an ancient theatre which is often used to this day. You can also visit the very nice museums of archaeology and folklore here.

In Panagia you can visit the Dragoncave (Drakotrypa). The monastery of the Archangel Michael is open to visitors, but make sure you are properly dressed: long trousers for men,long skirts & covered shoulders for women.

Some of the beaches have watersports. You can also go horseriding on the island, and there are also tenniscourts. There are often plays and concerts in the ancient theatre of Limenas.

Re: Thassos

juliamav
Administrator
Kostas:I only have few remarks to make on the structure and the fact that you forgot a catchy title(that's why you have to register so that I can send you an e-mail!) but otherwise...A BOMBASTIC ARTICLE !!! I was really engaged in your piece of writing especially in the historical reference .Well done!!!